At Valhalla Studio we take great pride in providing the perfect tattoo for you. That is why the aftercare of your tattoo is so important to ensure that you avoid complications that could affect the healing process. The team at Valhalla Studio will always talk you through our recommended aftercare process once we have completed your tattoo. But it is ultimately up to you to follow a few simple steps that will help your tattoo to heal and lead to the best possible appearance and health of your tattoo in the future.
Please ensure you follow these simple steps during your new tattoo’s healing process
- After you leave Valhalla Tattoo Studio, keep your tattoo covered with the dressing we've applied for 1-2 hours. If we have applied a second skin then you can keep this on for up to 3 days.
- remove the dressing and wash carefully with warm water, ensuring your hands are clean before touching the area.
- Gently pat the area dry with kitchen roll or allow to air dry – leave uncovered and apply a small amount of Savlon or the Tattoo Aftercare ointment provided to the tattoo.
we do not recommend bepanthen.
- Repeat the washing/patting and sparing application of cream 2-3 times daily for 7 days and nights.
During this period it is important that you allow area to breathe, we recommend air drying the area after washing, before re-applying cream.
- Keep the area clean and ensure any clothing or bedding it is in contact with is clean.
- During the healing process, a scab may form over the surface of the tattoo. Do not pick this and let it come away naturally. Should you have any further queries about aftercare and the healing process, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. After all, like you we want your tattoo to look as good as possible.
Following the appropriate steps after getting a tattoo is massively important for both your health and the appearance of the tattoo. A tattoo is a piece of art, but also a medical procedure. It is therefore important to look after your skin whilst it heals to reduce the chance of infection and scarring. By following the recommended advice you can keep your tattoo looking its best and ensure that it will look great for years to come. Although we understand the urge to show off your ink immediately, the first few days are the most important when it comes to the longevity of your tattoo. Make sure to follow our aftercare routine to leave your tattoo looking and feeling great.